At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Supervising and overseeing payroll personnel to ensure proper processing and the generation of the company payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Payroll personnel.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Payroll position candidates.
· Coach Payroll staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Payroll staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Payroll function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement a Payroll strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Payroll.
· Provide regular updates to Operations Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers (Functional Managers (FMs) on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the departmental and employee benefits.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
Technical Management Responsibilities:
· Ensures and verifies that records are processed and maintained, including vacations, sick leave, overtime, taxes and relocation.
. Provide periodic management reports and analysis.
· Represent payroll to assure the capture and correct treatment of benefits, compensation, and payroll taxes.
· Respond to officer and expatriate questions regarding payroll.
· Prepares and submits local and state income tax deposits, employer contributions and special allowances.
· Frequently interacts with all levels of management outside their direct area of supervision.
· Transmits and receives files and processes reports.
· Records and maintains files for federal and state withholding taxes and social security.
· Respond to employee and management questions regarding payroll.
· Resolves routing questions and problems.
· Errors may impact profits through budget variances and disruption of operations.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by Manager.
· Interface with SOX audit (internal) and external audit on payroll matters
. Represent payroll during meetings for upgrades to systems that interface with payroll.
. Maintain Jabil’s set up of benefit accruals, GL structure, or any other miscellaneous items with SAP.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the workcells.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Lead by example; “walk the talk.”
· Effectively negotiate contracts, pricing, or other situations with suppliers and/or customers
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated systems such as SAP.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to have strong results analysis on payroll accounting functions
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.