At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Facilities/Maintenance technician operates and maintains facilities equipment including, but not limited to, building controls, fire protection systems and heating-ventilation-and air-conditioning (HVAC). Facilities/Maintenance technicians are responsible for maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of utilities equipment, maintains physical structure of establishment and general electrical systems on an industrial, cGMP regulated facility. Utilities equipment includes Chillers, Air Handling Units, Exhaust ventilation, Dehumidifiers, Cooling Towers, Compressed Air, Reheat, Fire Prevention, Emergency Power Generators, Water Treatment, UPS and Environmental Control systems. The Facilities/Maintenance technician documents all maintenance activities executed on the site computer maintenance management system (CMMS). The Facilities/Maintenance technician performs, as needed, maintenance service and repairs in the area of plumbing, carpentry, and painting. Plans, coordinates, inspects, and performs maintenance and supports project management for facility related projects, including but not limited to, building remodeling and construction, equipment installation and/or placement, safety and environmental compliance, mechanical systems maintenance, and energy conservation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Documents all maintenance activities (Preventive or Corrective Maintenance) on the site computer maintenance management system (MAXIMO).
• Operate all portable power tools and hand tools in assigned area, drills, wrenches, and grinders.
• Operates and perform preventive maintenance of facility and utility equipment.
• Adjust temperature and humidity set points on heating and air conditioning control system.
• Perform general repairs on HVAC and exhaust ventilation equipment.
• Install, repair and troubleshoot plumbing and piping.
• Participate in and work with a production team environment. Receive direction from team members and production/engineering supervisor/facilitator.
• Available to work extended shift periods (overtime), weekends, non-regular work periods, holidays, shutdown periods when this have been properly notified and schedule.
• Associates in this position are required to be “on call” as defined in the “On Call Policy” and the Fair labor Standards Act and are required by management to respond to emergency or essential work situations on established departmental schedules.
• Operates chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, exhaust fans, air compressors, emergency power generators, uninterrupted power systems, water treatment systems and environmental control systems among other utility equipment.
• Executes Preventive and Corrective Maintenance on chillers, cooling towers, dehumidifiers, air handling units, exhaust fans, air compressors, emergency power generators, uninterrupted power systems, water treatment systems and environmental control systems among other utility equipment.
• Performs replacement and aligns belts if necessary.
• Checks performance, and repair, if necessary, electrical and hydraulic system motors.
• Perform overall lubrication work on equipment motors, transmissions, and load bearing components as per manufacturer specifications and requirements.
• Checks performance of fans and motors.
• Work with limited direction in effectively diagnosing problems and repairing building/utilities components in a timely manner.
• Perform small projects as directed by supervisor
• Assists electrician with general duties, such as conduits installation and wiring.
• Understand building components effectively diagnose problems and repair in a timely manner with little or no direction.
• Identify creative solutions while conforming to specifications and safety requirements.
• Operate electrical and mechanical test equipment.
• Maintain accurate and legible paperwork for changes to HVAC and facilities drawings.
• Operate and maintain equipment as required: heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), boilers, air compressors, power distribution, refrigeration, water towers, air handlers, pneumatic and electronic building controls, some knowledge of plumbing, fire protection systems and equipment pumps and mechanical room equipment, irrigation and grounds equipment, maintain company vehicles and miscellaneous building repairs and environmental systems.
• Perform facilities projects with little supervision or direction.
• Complete projects with other maintenance technicians, engineers, or contractors as required.
• Complete, in a professional manner, maintenance logs, preventive maintenance inspection records, drawing revision documentation, purchase requisitions and other required maintenance documentation.
• Maintain facility equipment and building in high standard condition.
• Read facility mechanical and electrical drawings; identify parts from drawing and bills of material.
• Participate in and accept responsibilities relating to team concepts.
• Exhibit safe work habits in handling of equipment, tools, and use of protective equipment.
• Available to work overtime, available for emergency call-in and on call, weekend work, work three shift rotations when required.
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the facility and grounds.
• Attend or complete all required safety training.
• Promote safety to all associates, contractors that enter the work area.
• Work with vendors on facility equipment.
• Use reference manuals to cross reference books for equipment and parts.
• Support and maintain financial budgets, expense and capital.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Environmental – Participate in implementation of the EMS management system including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance. Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures. Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Report to facilities engineer.
• An understanding of Refrigerants (CFC) and the JNJ requirements.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, standard operating procedures, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
• Ability to write reports with mathematical emphasis.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees at all levels.
• Ability read, write, and speak Spanish is a plus
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills.
• Problem solving.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Capable to draw and interpret statistical bar and line graphs.
• Proficient in the use of all general shop tools and power tools.
• Must be able to function in team environment and as independent contributor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school graduate or Associate Degree in a technical in a technical field, such as Refrigeration or Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning or Electrician desired or equivalent skills, experience, or Training
• Minimum 18 months technical school or equivalent experience in HVAC, electrical or stationary engineer’s training.
• Generally requires 2-4 years’ related experience
• In-depth experience as a Technician in two or more of the following disciplines: electronics, mechanics, eletromechanical, industrial. It is anticipated that incumbents achieve this level through extensive experiences rather than formal education
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.