At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Leads the Process Engineering department in operating with a high level of efficiency, integrity, and enthusiasm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Strives to achieve excellence in all endeavors.
· Be a creative and proactive contributor on the management team, focused on continuous improvement at all times.
· Directs Manufacturing Engineering Technicians on their assigned lines in the observation of machine and line performance, and provide guidance in the determination of the necessary steps to achieve optimum machine and process efficiency.
· Provides training to Manufacturing Engineering Technicians and Manufacturing Engineering Assistants in subjects such as equipment maintenance and repair; machine programming and optimization; and part-data (PD) file creation.
· Interfaces with Line Supervisors, Machine Support Manager, and Manufacturing Engineers to determine corrective actions needed to optimize machine efficiency and effectiveness (yields). Creates, documents and implements procedures that ensure continued operational excellence throughout the plant(s).
· As required, provides expertise and direction to Manufacturing Engineering Technicians and Machine Support Technicians on machine adjustments, repairs or other demand-maintenance activities.
· Manages the coverage of Manufacturing Engineering Technician duties in assigned plant(s) if an MET is absent due to vacation, illness, training or some other reason. On certain occasions, perform those duties if and when a critical need arises.
· Assists Manufacturing Engineers in determining optimum process performance by assisting with I.R. reflow profiles, wave solder profiles, screen printing of solder paste, designing and manufacturing of necessary tooling, and suggestions for design for manufacturing (DFM).
· Ensures that data integrity functions such as program and PD back-ups are completed regularly on all lines in assigned plant(s).
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Will also work in BOM related activities (BOM scrub, update / create MM.. etc), products / process improvement, NPI feasibility study & RFQ
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.