At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Are you an experienced test engineer looking to take your career to the next level? Do you enjoy being involved in different projects and using creative thinking to solve complex problems? Are you looking to be a leader? Jabil is seeking Test Engineers for our San Jose, CA facilities. With limited supervision, you will be designing, developing, and maintaining test procedures, tester hardware and software for electronic circuit board production. You will get to work with cross functional peers on projects involving different customers. This position will work onsite at our Great Oaks facility in San Jose, CA. Relocation available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review circuit board designs for testability requirements.
- Support manufacturing with failure analysis, tester debugging, reduction of intermittent failures and downtime of test equipment.
- Prepare recommendations for testing and documentation of procedures to be used from the product design phase through to initial production.
- Generate reports and analysis of test data, prepares documentation and recommendations.
- Review test equipment designs, data and RMA issues with customers regularly.
- Design and lead engineering and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment.
- Direct and coordinate engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, record, and reduce test data.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
- Direct and exercise control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests.
- Perform moderately complex assignments of the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices.
- Analyze and interpret test data and prepares technical reports for use by test engineering and management personnel.
- Develop or use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on machinery and equipment.
- Perform semi-routine technique development and maintenance, subject to established Jabil standards, including ISO and QS development standards.
- Provide training in new procedures to production testing staff.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 2 to 5 years of experience in engineering preferably in a manufacturing related industry
- Experience with scripting languages or Linux, or Jabil test a plus
- Ability to do PCBA troubleshooting highly desired
- Ability to understand schematics
- Contribute to development of DOE's and data gathering to resolve ongoing failure trends
- Ability to understand test scripts and make modifications as needed,
- Ability to solve random failures by interrogation of test logs/ software / physical measurement / visual identification, define implement and perform tester PM
- Project management skills
BENEFITS WITH JABIL
Along with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans with HRA and HSA options
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Annual Merit Increases
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.