At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Management of multiple functional areas and/or business areas, and cost centers or Global responsibility for a functional area or initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
Recruitment and Retention :
· Recruitment of IT personnel
· Coordination with HR with recruitment activities including, interviews, job offers, negotiations, etc.
· Adhere to local or remote HR or plant policies and procedures
Employee and Team Development:
· Participate in 360 review plans for peers and Sr. Management
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals
· Support Business Requirement by allocation of resource and provide the reference for IT in Company investment for new business, or new projects. Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required fulfilling the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development. Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department
· Coaching and Mentoring of staff
· Performance management, Preparation and delivery of Performance Reviews, Personnel Development Plans, Training plans, Terminations, Turnover, Succession Planning, Reward and Recognition programs, etc
· Perform Metrics Management and Service Level Management; establish Service Level agreements and manage service delivery to meet those requirements
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational goals and responsibilities, personal development goals.)
· Solicit ongoing feedback from designated managers, supervisors, peers and team members on team members' contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team members based on feedback.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible
· Metrics Management and Service Level Management; establish Service Level agreements and manage service delivery to meet those requirements. Analyze and report on your trends for site, or area, or areas under your reporting structure
· IT Scorecard and Performance Metrics Management and Service Level Management; establish Service Level agreements and manage service delivery to meet Customer SLA’s requirements
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers
· Interface with Regional staff and related projects
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations
· Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development. Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”
Functional Management Responsibilities
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Attend Cross regional meetings and strategy events
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction
· Define, develop and implement a department strategy, which contributes to the business strategic direction
· Develop and communicate an understanding of the business strategy as it pertains to the department
· Understand and communicate business strategy and develop application & technical infrastructure to support this strategy
· Deliver IT services in line with business requirements
· Work alongside Business Product Owner to prioritize the activities for the development team
· Liaise between the Product Owner and the development team
· Manage and coordinate the collection of details from users for issues they find in the product and ensure the feedback loop is completed when fixes are applied
Forecast Development and Accuracy/Cost Management:
· Financial Management / Cost Center Management; forecasting of costs and management of IT financials for your IT cost center including variance analysis. Management of Assets, Capital Costs, Prepare ROI related documentation and Business Cases. Prepare and Analyze financial data and results. Create action plans as needed
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems.
Technical Management Responsibilities
· Direct Management of Information Technology Managers and or Supervisors
· Set direction in consultation with IT senior management to Regional Staff
· Management and Participation of Acquisition related duties within the region
· Management and Participation of Greenfield related duties within the region
· Travel to sites and corporate to meet with staff and management
· Security and SOX management and compliance for all IT related tasks at the sites reporting to you.
· Pursue, implement, and enhance Best Practice to drive operational excellence in area of responsibility
· Quality Assurance of service within IT for site or area or areas reporting to you. Analyze results, create improvement plans, and measure improvement.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Security, Health, Safety and Quality)
· Serve as escalation point for IT issues
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
· To be dependable and conscientious in all work performed
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong Technical skills and/or Strategic Skills
· Strong Analytical skills and Quality Standards
· Programming experience
· Commitment to Customer Service
· Proven success in Project Management of global related projects
· Ability to participate in projects to ensure global readiness
· Experience in ensuring processes/people are in place to support regional and global areas of responsibility
· Strong knowledge of Licensing and Contracts
· Strong knowledge of regional logistics operations and industry
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
· Minimum of 8 or more years work-related experience required in Jabil IT position or equivalent external work experience, including at least 5 years experience in a supervisory or management role.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.