At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Assists the Design Engineering Manager in leading and administrating the Test Design Engineering organization at a Jabil operation or campus. Supports the operation’s business strategy and development efforts with current and potential customers. Supports Test Engineering Department by Design /development and implementation of new Test & Product technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Finalize the requirement of test equipment in consultation with end customer, user department and program manager.
· Estimate the budget, manpower requirement, and development timeline.
· Conduct system study and coordinating with team members for System Design & Integration, Application Maintenance, etc.
· Handles various technical aspects like product documentation, hardware design, coding of modules, monitoring critical paths & taking appropriate actions.
· Creates test plans, test cases and test benches for carrying out tests of the hardware/software at various stages.
· Recruit, interview and hire personnel for key positions within the organization. Monitor turnover, identify factors for improvement and facilitate improvements.
· Offer professional development opportunities to staff members. Identify and prepare career development plans and assist in setting quarterly goals. Create succession plans for Test Management positions. Provide professional support and direction.
· Establish clear and measurable goals by which to determine individual and team results. Drive individuals to continuously improve in key operational metrics. Solicit feedback from key team members on individual contribution. Evaluate individuals professionally and on time. Ensure recognition and rewards are distributed fairly and consistently.
· Know the strategic direction of the operation and implement Test Design Engineering strategies that contribute to the success of the operation.
· Actively participate in the development of new business by providing technical expertise and quotations when necessary.
· Coordinate the activities of others to keep them focused, especially during critical times.
· Identify opportunities for cost reduction.
· Explore new technology trends in the industry. Encourage the exploration, experimentation, and implementation of new technology by members of the organization.
· Encourage innovation amongst staff.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Four-year degree in Electronics Engineering or an equivalent.
· Seven (7) or more years of experience in the electronics manufacturing industry.
· Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
· Possess expertise in designing analog & digital circuits, embedded systems, undertaking selection of test instruments & system integration.
· Adept in analyzing requirements, designing solutions, troubleshooting for complex electronic systems & management.
· Strong communication, presentation, collaboration & team building skills with proficiency at grasping new technical concepts quickly & utilize the same in a productive manner.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.