At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Sr. Test Engineering Manager is responsible for providing optimum test solutions and strategies through the effective management of people, systems, procedures and equipment. Maintaining and surpassing driven innovations and continuous improvement within Test Engineering by harnessing new technologies in the areas of systems, equipment, and processes. Provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders. Supports global Test Engineering initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide accurate quotation for new models from new customers and existing customer to ensure company's continuous growth
· Manages the Test Engineering Department in operating with a high level of efficiency and integrity
· Reviews and develops department structure, seating capacity and forecast. Manages operations metrics and assets
· Researches, develops and implements Workcell systems, support and ISO/QS systems
· Compiles and documents data necessary to analyze performance and makes changes in the testing process
· Develops, motivates and challenges Test Engineering employees, organizes workloads as needed and ensures each employee is adequately challenged
· Ensure all test equipment is maintained to the best condition for minimum downtime
· Seek the new test technologies for employees' development and customers' value added
· Set up a failure analysis group to track the cost effective test reject inventory and reporting process related failure
· Set up a test development group to increase company value and satisfy customers' needs
· Provide the cost reduction through automation and process simplification
· Provides meaningful and timely feedback on employee’s performance including completing and conducting annual performance appraisals and developing training plans
· Hire, train, and manage test personnel to support company production ramp and new business start-ups
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Possess an all round in depth knowledge of the test engineering in SMT industry.
· Knowledge in computer hardware and software is essential. Ability to handle complex engineering issues and to provide engineering solutions for company operations
· Experience with commercial and custom automated test equipment
· Ability to work under tight deadlines with frequently changing priorities
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
· Minimum of 8 years work-related experience, minimum of 5 years management experience required
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.