At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented, and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Reliability Lab Engineer role is responsible for calibration of equipment, assuring that each functional lab is maintained for cleanliness, required ESD practices and overall ESD compliance and maintains readiness for any internal or outside audit by customer or TUV.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel; Use of presentation or database software.
· Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or internal personnel.
· Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management and project teams.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for ensuring all of the project's technological requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution within the lab related to any work being performed within the lab area.
· Responsible for project risk related to work or manpower within the lab for project work along with appropriate mitigation of those risks or elevation to management.
· Responsible for facilitating communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders. This includes escalate issues to the next level of management
· Responsible for forecasting project budget and HR needs for current and future lab needs for all personal reporting to the Lab supervisor.
· Accountable for overall project success on all work being performed within the lab area - including cost, schedule, quality.
· Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external
· Understand and exceed customer needs and expectations on all customers of the lab.
· Assure compliance to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by management.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy, ESD requirements and good lab practices.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to understand minimal statistical requirements defined by the engineers.
Ability to define problems and collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions with may contain abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results. Ability to understand any project team engineering changes, modifications, revision changes, and lead the lab technical staff or customers in performing required work.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Associate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Business Management
2+ Years’ Experience in Project leadership – overseeing rework, modification or revision of card or assembly up to system level activities.
Be a Lead Engineering Services Tech- 3 years or more
Must be able to set-up and operate the machines of the Reliability Lab including: Temp Chambers, Drop Test, Vibration Test, and Pull & Push Test
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.