At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Perform cycle counting activities within the warehouse involving the physical counting of material, recording actual count results, and communicating actual results to the appropriate person. May also cycle count other areas within the Operation, aid in root cause analysis, and suggest process improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform cycle count duties and record actual results within assigned area(s):
• Physically cycle count material.
• Record actual count results without manipulation.
• Communicate count results to necessary personnel.
• Utilize scanners when appropriate for performing ERP transactions.
• Other related duties, which could include:
• Aid in root cause analysis.
• Suggest process improvements.
• Cycle counting various areas throughout the Operation.
• Coordinate activities with the Warehouse Supervisor and other functional areas of Inventory Control within the Operation.
• Involved in the coordination and/or execution of a physical inventory.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Inventory Control Manager or Department Supervisor
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• A good materials and manufacturing process knowledge.
• Be computer literate.
• Good knowledge of SAP.
• A high attention to detail.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
• Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
• Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 25%
• Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.