At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Represent the payroll area with other departments in the development and subsequent installation of new and/or revised payroll operations. Compiles data and prepares a variety of time sensitive reports as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare, analyze and audit various times such as payroll general ledger accounts and state, federal and city tax returns.
• Compile payroll statistics for various reports for all locations and when necessary outside agencies
• Coordinate a variety of activities to specific payroll functions to include processing and calculating of bonuses, retroactive adjustments, etc.
• Audit, balance and reconcile payroll data.
• Analyze processing procedures to properly identify and correct errors.
• Coordinate support activities such as employee transfers as they relate to the payroll function for the corporation.
• Identify potential problems and makes recommendations to minimize impact on payroll or other related functions.
• Update and maintain payroll and other financial records.
• Prepare, analyze and select methods of presenting various financial data.
• Assist senior analysts, supervisors, auditors.
• Design and update payroll forms as necessary.
• Assist in the training of new payroll employees, provides work guidance and assist payroll manager in work related problems.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Plant Payroll Manager
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• HS Diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum two years of experience required.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.