At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for the Test Engineering Process and the attributes that can affect the process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze daily process yield reports that will include, but not limited to the following: operator errors, defective product, test equipment/test defects, RMA product defects, and spear corrective actions.
• Increase production yields by understanding and reducing operator errors and driving manufacturing and test engineering defects back to the appropriate department.
• Assist Test Engineer in developing preventative maintenance program and assure compliance to reduce downtime and increase process yields throughout the process.
• Analyze downtime sheets recording downtime of a station to set guidelines for preventative maintenance scheduling.
• Ensure all process manuals and documentation are maintained properly.
• Review all 5x5 tests to ensure that they were performed and adhered to.
• Perform walkthroughs, inspections, product evaluation and testing as needed.
• Conduct NPI test evaluations.
• Prevent test escapes.
• Ensure product testing completeness and reliability.
• Update and generate documentation as required.
• Assist Project Test Engineer with test process review.
• Evaluates test probes.
• Set-up equipment to perform any required programming and verification test following established procedures for the specified operations to be performed.
• Ensure quality (work meets or exceeds Jabil Workmanship Standards) and improve efficiency through the use of the SPC system when available.
• Operates automated electronic test equipment on manufactured circuit board assemblies and subassemblies.
• Responsible for maintaining a continuous flow of the manufacturing line and meeting production goals while performing the assigned test duties.
• Label and stamp boards, and fill out tags.
• Advise supervisor of any recurring test failure so that prompt corrective action may be taken.
• Ensure assemblies are properly handled and marked.
• Ensure daily logs and move/production tickets are accurately maintained.
• Follow simple, standardized and routine written directions for assigned test operations.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Production Supervisor, Production Manager
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Associates of Science in NT Electronics or Electrical Engineering or Technical Certification preferred
• Three (3) to five (5) years experience
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position will involve in BOM management which including the BOM scrub and comparison. Will also involve in process improvement.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.