At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for the materials strategy in the assigned global business unit. This position includes responsibility for situational analysis, strategy development and guidance in implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, planning and inventory control. These strategies should support the individual customer’s needs and be complementary to Jabil’s overall Supply Chain Management goals. The Global Business Unit Materials Manager provides leadership and strategic direction to the workcells in factories where the business unit manufactures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Staff the global materials team to meet the objectives of Jabil and the customer. Establish and communicate the expectations of each global position in terms of the mission and goals of the business unit.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor team members to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Assist with the creation and management of succession plans as requested.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. SCM metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit Management, Commodity Management, Materials Management, peers and team members on team member’s contribution to the team.
· Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team members based on feedback.
· Express pride in the team and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Influence and assist in performing team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Influence and assist with ensuring recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide periodic communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the team.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the Corporation’s strategic direction.
· Analyze the customer’s needs and develop an appropriate materials strategy that is in alignment with Jabil’s organizational goals.
· In concert with the Operations Materials Managers, educate the Business Unit’s factory workcells and champion implementation of the materials strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Define, develop and make effective use of cost analysis tools.
· Provide feedback to staff on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Participate in Jabil’s monthly forecast cycle with Business Unit Management and Operations Management as required.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Champion the execution and deployment of Jabil’s standard planning and inventory strategies and systems with the customer where possible, and implement customized solutions where necessary.
· Drive a systematic process to receive, evaluate and fulfill customer demand across the business unit.
· Ensure that an achievable Master Schedule is in place to support both customer requirements and Jabil revenue projections. In developing a solid MPS, consideration should be given to materials availability, equipment capability/capacity and staffing.
· Ensure that the Master Production Schedule is loaded in alignment with customer contract(s) and liability agreements so that the materials team maintains conformance to Jabil’s “Rules of the Road.”
· Develop and supervise solid product launch plans for new business, and transition plans for products being transferred between Jabil manufacturing sites.
· Evaluate the need for buffer inventory during the transfer process.
· Ensure continuity of product supply to the Jabil manufacturing site(s), and of finished goods to the customer throughout the transfer timeframe.
· Oversee the disposition and transfer of residual inventory to the appropriate “receiving” Jabil factory.
· Generate and analyze inventory reports for internal business unit and / or customer use.
· Assist the Business Unit Management team as required in evaluating and recovering the cost of excess / obsolete inventory.
· Recommend process and supply chain initiatives to lower inventory costs (hubbing, JIT, optimum manufacturing lot sizes, alternate transportation methodologies, etc.).
Supply Chain Management
· Communicate clearly and regularly the customer’s needs to Commodity Management, Operations Materials Management and the Business Unit Buyers to ensure that Jabil provides supply chain solutions that foster success.
· Manage the periodic (typically quarterly) materials quotation cycle for Business Unit Strategic Commodities. Assist in executing the RFQ as appropriate for the business unit.
· Identify and facilitate the qualification of new, alternate and/or localized suppliers for Business Unit Strategic commodities.
· Negotiate favorable pricing, payment terms, and advanced supply chain optimization programs such as supplier-owned inventory, Just-in-Time delivery schedules, reduced lead times and cancellation terms, return privileges, and EDI/SIS demand communication with Jabil’s Business Unit Strategic suppliers.
· Working in concert with Jabil’s Commodity Management Team, recommend customer BOM pricing at the component level that promotes Jabil’s competitiveness in the.
· In collaboration with Commodity Management, lead the effort to obtain full commodity and sourcing control of both Jabil Strategic and Business Unit Strategic commodities.
· Through early design involvement and qualification of alternate suppliers on existing products, promote the use of Jabil’s Strategic Suppliers.
· Focus on achievement of Jabil’s financial and operational goals.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service.
· Represent Jabil’s materials team in a professional manner during customer meetings, audits, presentations and conference calls.
· Anticipate and meet/exceed customer expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively. Make customer issues a priority.
· Serve as an escalation point for customer issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner within the Workcell.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
HS Diploma and eight years related experience in electronics manufacturing and materials management is required, as well as experience in negotiation, cost reduction activities and materials planning. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials Logistics Management, or related discipline preferred. Domestic and international travel is required.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.