At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Do you enjoy hands on engineering, solving complex problems, and continuous improvement?
Jabil is looking for Manufacturing Engineers to work at our San Jose, CA manufacturing facility! In this position you will be monitoring/sustaining existing equipment and processes as well as supporting the development/installation of new equipment. This can include designing, fabricating, modifying, evaluating, and documenting machining assemblies, components, and systems to produce or improve company products and facilitate manufacturing operations. Develops data and makes preliminary sketches, lay-outs and notes required to present design proposals. Research basic design factors such as ease of manufacture and availability of materials and equipment. Works with other organizations impacted by design development. Monitor the quality and efficiency performance for assigned manufacturing line(s). Drive continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving; utilize data from CIQ, TARS and other sources as appropriate.
This a great opportunity for mechanical and manufacturing engineers looking for a hands-on position within manufacturing that can offer work variety, growth, and stability!
Multiple positions available!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually strive to balance and optimize line throughput, including efforts to minimize changeover downtime (i.e. common set-ups).
- Monitor machine management data to maximize utilization and minimize machine-generated scrap.
- Provide input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
- Create and maintain wave and reflow soldering profiles.
- Ensure that process parameters are within acceptable tolerances for products and components, and result in solder quality that meets IPC-610B requirements (or other applicable standard).
- Design and / or procure production tooling, including stencils, vacuum plates, wave solder pallets and product-specific fixtures and jigs.
- Coordinate line reconfigurations and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and installation, and scheduling of support groups (Machine Support, Facilities, MIS, etc.) using the approved communication process.
- Verify that machine maintenance is performed as scheduled on assigned line(s).
- Encourage open communication and exchange of information within the M.E. department and between the various support groups.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 1-2 years of engineering experience preferably in a manufacturing environment or a combination of experience and education
- Experience with FMEAs and PCBs highly desired
BENEFITS WITH JABIL
Along with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans with HRA and HSA options
• Employee Stock Purchase Plans
• Time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Pet Insurance
• Adoption Assistance
• Annual Merit Increases
• Community Volunteer Opportunities
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.