At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Perform complex inspection procedures on all types of machined components (small to large, mostly metallic, complex shapes) and assemblies to ensure quality levels are met at pre-ship and at the final stages of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and understand broad range of documents: mechanical drawings (GD&T standard), technical specifications, production traveler, testing forms and data.
- Fill out forms and other documents to record data and show completion of work.
- Experience working in ISO 9000, ISO 13485, ISO 16949, or AS9100 systems is desired.
- Wear PPE and lab coat to protect self and material under review.
- Move parts to workstation and holding area as necessary. Infrequently, operate pallet jack and material handling tools.
- Make intricate visual inspection of complex pre-ship and/or finished production components and assemblies to ensure conformance with customer quality standards.
- Select adequate inspection tools (caliper, micrometer, pin gauges, radius gagues, surface profilometer, optical comparator, vision system, etc.), ensure proper functionality, utilize correct methods to complete inspection, and document results.
- Run a CMM program (Calypso, PC-DMIS, GEOMeasure, MCOSMOS, etc.) and participate in program review efforts with CMM programmers.
- Perform inspection of various types: set-up piece, first article, supplier incoming, final outgoing.
- Read and execute sampling plans from existing tables to select sample size for inspection.
- Apply knowledge of mechanical machining principles and interpretation of customer or Jabil standards in determining pass/fail of inspected part or assembly.
- Participate in infrequent internal audits, external audits, and customer visits.
- When possible, voice cause and effect of defects, and refer findings to manufacturing facilitators for correction.
- Review and approve solutions or refer unacceptable response to Quality Supervisor for further action.
- Act as final checkpoint for finished goods prior to being shipped to supplier or customer.
- Train other employees in Quality Control processes and procedures.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Quality Supervisor
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Has developed expertise in function, typically through a combination of job-related training and extensive work experience.
- Completes task in a resourceful manner using specialized skill.
- Works on assignments of non-routine nature.
- Determines methods and procedures on newly introduced assignments.
- May be an informal team leader.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer 6+ years hands-on experience in a relevant position.
- Experience in semiconductor, medical device, or defense industry is desirable.
- Advance PC skills and experience in applicable software packages: MS Windows, MS Office, network file management.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.