At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Production Supervisor must execute the production plan made by the Shift Manager and supervise the Team Leads, Line leads, and hourly associates throughout the shift. The Production Supervisor must be able to oversee multiple activities simultaneously and take ownership of the output of leads and associates working on his or her team. Supervisors is also responsible for exhibiting a strong working knowledge of all machinery, equipment, and processes. The Production Supervisor must be able to manage and troubleshoot all technological tools used in production (e.g. production tracker, scanners, etc.). The Production Supervisor is also expected to work closely with other functions within the facility to execute plant-wide initiatives.
Responsible to Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, and reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries. so as the OTD to satisfy shipment commit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
• Recruit, interview and hire Production personnel.
• Communicate criteria to recruiters for Production position candidates.
• Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
• Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
• Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
• Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals)
• Solicit ongoing feedback from production manager, Business Unit Manager (BUM), Workcell Manager and/or Operation Manager on contribution to the team.
• Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to production Manager and assistant production manager Manager based on feedback.
• Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
• Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
• Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
• Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
• Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
• Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
• Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
• Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
• Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
Directs daily operations of the production team, schedule and process for maximum efficiency.
Advises management of potential equipment or facilities concerns and/or failures which may directly affect quality, productivity or safety.
Assists supervisor with reports (daily/monthly production reports) and assumes plant manager/supervisor responsibilities in his/her absence. Assists in identifying and procuring outside contractors to support plant maintenance programs i.e. equipment installations, modifications or emergency repairs.
Monitors inventory and production schedules, checks logs, and receives incoming materials. Analyze and adjust slow moving & obsolete inventory on a monthly basis.
Works with supervisor and maintenance to coordinate equipment repairs around production schedules.
Coordinates production schedules and manpower requirements for shipping department.
Periodically assess (with supervisors) the status of employees in training as well as existing employees to be sure they are capable of successfully performing the tasks of their jobs.
Ensure that sufficient parts and supplies are on hand to meet all production needs. Ensures incoming raw materials are tested and approved prior to use.
Implements and maintains cost management strategies including waste pick-up haul charges, etc. Develops and implements processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
Assist in the development of new quotes and the development of capital planning and equipment selection for manufacturing improvements by providing consultation relative to difficulty of running parts, plant flow, and product/process/labor needs or costs
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
•Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Production Manager, Asst Production Manager,
•Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions (in English), short correspondence and work orders. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations with co-workers and/or supervisors. Basic Math: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions dealing with standardized situations; and able to learn quickly. Ability to learn quickly, work at a fast pace, keep a positive attitude and manage stressful situations with professionalism. High school diploma or general education degree preferred, but not mandatory MS Office experience (especially Excel and Outlook) Must be able to stand and or walk (90% of the day) and consistently reach, bend and move inside the facility to move product Fine motor skills: required using the wrists, hands, and fingers to mount/hoop hats and inspect product Vision: Required to have close visual acuity, color vision and depth perception
2-3 years prior supervisory/management experienced preferred. A post-secondary degree a plus, but not required. Strong computer skills. Manufacturing experience and must be able to organize and manage multiple tasks. Formal Leadership training required (Manage multiple objectives and deadlines). Fluency in English, any other language is a plus. Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams, with all levels of the workforce. Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on all levels.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.