At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Located in one of America’s largest logistical hubs, the tenured team at Jabil Memphis helps customers innovate and bring products to market quickly and reliably. The site offers expansive configure-to-order and build-to-order manufacturing services for diverse industry segments.
Jabil Memphis has about 750,000 square feet of manufacturing space. The manufacturing capabilities of the team at Jabil Memphis enable this location to provide complete product solutions to our customers in several industries including point-of-sale, storage, and networking and telecommunications. Our configure-to-order and build-to-order capabilities help customers innovate and bring products to market quickly and reliably.
Leveraging the power of 260,000 people in more than 100 strategic sites around the world, Jabil delivers comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services for customers in a broad range of industries. As a single point of accountability, we help:
- Innovate and develop designs optimized for performance and manufacturability
- Rapidly prototype for accelerated product introductions
- Manufacture the highest-quality products and components using the latest automation and process technologies
- Stringently validate and test with proprietary, integrated methodologies
- Ensure that customers build in the right location, source the right materials, and reach target markets with intelligent, digital supply-chain solutions
Our flexible approach streamlines the entire product lifecycle, empowering the customer to focus on what matters most to their business — with the peace of mind that Jabil has the rest covered.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
JOB SUMMARY - Business Unit Manager - Memphis, TN (based onsite)
Our Business Unit Manager develops and implements programs, projects and processes for an assigned customer account (Business Unit). You will develop and sponsor tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups or within a business group through customer interaction. You'll also influence the strategic direction and develop tactical plans and complete complex assignments with minimal supervision or review. In your role, you will provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
IN YOUR ROLE WILL ALSO
· The Business Unit Manager is a member of the plant strategic leadership team.
· Establishes and manages current customer relationships, striving to capitalize on organic revenue growth opportunities.
· Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
· Full responsibility for a customer/site Profit & Loss (P&L) statement (generally in a single site).
· Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for assigned customer accounts. May support RFP processes for other accounts.
· The Business Unit Manager is the leader of the workcell and is accountable for the operational and financial performance of that workcell.
· Manages the performance, developments, and rewards for direct reports. Indirectly manages work of others through Jabil’s Workcell business model.
· Pricing (i.e. materials and value-add).
· Full responsibility for continuous improvement of customer relationship performance metrics and customer satisfaction.
· Responsible for tactical execution of established contract terms.
· Manages and drives the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process with assigned customer account.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong financial skill knowledge and aptitude (e.g. balance sheet and income statement). Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong operational knowledge (e.g., manufacturing, supply chain).
· Contract knowledge fundamentals.
· Leadership/people-management skills.
· Strong customer service skills and experience.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· 4+ years work-related experience required in Financial, Manufacturing Operations, and/or Business Management.
· 2+ years as a people manager required.
· Must have customer facing experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.