At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil Defense & Aerospace specializes in mission-critical high-mix/low-volume electro-mechanical systems for Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and military supply chains. As a proactive solutions partner, we provide complete end-to-end capabilities from design and engineering to manufacturing, test and supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience of engineering in a manufacturing environment required
- Proficiency in verbal and written English language required
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, CAM350, Valor, Microsoft Visio, SAP ERP system preferred
- Knowledge of SMT, TH, and coating technologies preferred
- Knowledge of IPC-610 / J-STD-001 preferred
- Knowledge of tooling design, creation, and validation
- Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years work-related experience required in an engineering related discipline (or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Onsite support is required for this position
- Primary customer facing contact and lead Workcell engineer representing the Manufacturing Engineering group, responsible for production layout and capability related to manufacturing CCA’s and Electronic Assemblies utilizing a mix of Surface Mount (SMT) and Through-Hole (TH) technology along with mechanical build-up, cabling, epoxies, and coatings.
- Provides day-to-day direction to support Manufacturing Engineer(s) and Manufacturing Engineering Assistant(s) - which may require a supervisory role.
- Supports the communication of Jabil’s manufacturing capabilities and those of the Engineering group; identify and suggest solutions for any immediate need or enhancement in a timely manner.
- Review purchase orders, quality requirements, and Statements of Work to determine engineering feasibility and impact and how to incorporate and changes into our system to meet these requirements.
- Review and interpret customer documentation and Engineering Changes for implementation into the production facility.
- Understand and drive regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate: Regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, AS9100, TUV, NADCAP, IPC-610/J-STD-001 Class 3, Quality requirements
- Assess manufacturing requirements (manpower, capital equipment, floor space, load and line balancing, etc.) related to customer projects/assemblies and coordinate acquisition when required.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis.
- Assists in the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of equipment set-ups, manufacturing layout, and process changes and/or corrective actions.
- Provide support for the quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases based on the engineering aspect and full development of the product through the plant.
- Be able to conceptualize a layout, process, and issues prior to having units at Work In Process stage.
- Provide ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
- Evaluate and provide input to inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Review supplier, internal, and customer discrepancies, coordinate and track the effectiveness of corrective/proactive action efforts.
- Support the drive for proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
- Assist Design Engineers with review, completion, communication, and actions on Design for Manufacturability.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in class.”
- Work within the engineering department to improve processes, procedures, and continue to grow and develop new techniques.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.