At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Plans, directs, and coordinates the operations of productions, machinery, processing, and packaging departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements
· Manage the hiring activities as per workcell business forecast outlook
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis
· Coach and mentor all Workcell Leaders.to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer
· Create and manage succession plans for all Workcell Leaders
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational goals
WORKCELL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions
· Define, develop, and implement a Manufacturing strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions
· Report best practices with other workcell’s to drive campus wide improvements
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality)
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately
· Take ownership of relevant manufacturing pieces of JOS tools like QRQC & LPA as applicable to workcell
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to communicate to higher management all key business and operations topics
· Ability to coach, mentor and management of training curriculum in the area of responsibility
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
· Minimum of eight years related experience and/or training
· Five years’ experience in a manufacturing supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum 3 years of workcell management experience
· Management of complex multi-customer workcell and/or big mono-customer workcell
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.