At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for leading a team of Supplier Quality Engineers in driving continuous improvement in resource efficiency and effectiveness within their team and respective assigned sites. Leads the identification and execution of team activities / resources required to support Jabil, workcell, GCM / RCM strategies / initiatives. Drives commodity focus on continuous improvement in supplier performance in areas of Cost, Quality, Delivery and Service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Recruitment, selection, deployment, leadership, coaching, mentoring and development of Supplier Quality Engineers, driving continuous improvement in resource efficiency and effectiveness within their team.
· Determines the objectives, targets and goals for the Supplier Quality Team and its individual team members. Measures progress and identifies / takes the necessary actions when objectives, targets and / or goals are not met.
· Leads the coordination and synchronization of activities within their respective commodities with those of the other commodity teams. Focuses on driving a “One Jabil” approach.
· Monthly communication of team activities, initiatives, progress and trends focused on continuous improvement of supplier performance / capabilities.
· Provides leadership to their team and respective assigned sites in the areas of systems, processes and tools.
· Drives the compilation and maintenance of a list of site / workcell / market sector / industry requirements for their respective region. Drives the incorporation of these requirements into global systems and processes wherever possible. Drives enhancements to global systems, processes and tools to support changing / evolving global needs / requirements.
· Assist and support escalation of supplier performance issues.
· Perform the same functional activities as a Supplier Quality Engineer as needed and/or assigned.
· Identifies resources required to support existing and future requirements within their respective commodities
· Recruits, selects, develops, leads, coaches and mentors Global Supplier Quality Engineering resources, focusing on continuous improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
· Participates in development of global systems, processes and tools ensuring that market sector and site requirements / needs have been considered and incorporated wherever possible.
· Drives deployment of global systems, processes and tools within their assigned sites
· Provide input into GCM / RCM sourcing strategies utilizing supplier performance data and GSDE feedback.
· Driving continuous improvement in supplier performance within the commodities assigned. Ensuring that supplier development activities are identified, initiated utilizing the corrective action process, and progress is monitored / measured through monthly / quarterly scorecard reviews.
· Ensure that necessary activities are identified and executed for new suppliers / new products / new technologies that result in performance objectives being met prior to start of production, in support of JTS, Jabil site / workcell, etc… requirements and needs
· Provide systems assessment support as needed
· Provide support to other commodity teams, as able, for supplier selection, development, issue investigation / resolution, etc… of suppliers within proximity of their home location.
· Proven problem solving skills and abilities required
· Experience in Electronics Manufacturing Services industry preferred
· Experienced in working in Design area, with Design Teams, especially DFX reviews
· Additional certification such as ASQ CQE, CQM, CQA; or ISO Lead Auditor is highly desirable.
· Familiarity with and experience in applying Six Sigma methodologies required (Black Belt certification preferred)
· Prior business /commercial (i.e. purchasing, commodity management) experience desired.
· Demonstrated skills must include strong written and oral communication, resource management, problem solving, process improvement, conflict resolution, leadership, motivation, systems and process development / deployment, administration and change management.
· Fluent in written and spoken English
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.