At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Entry-level debug technician/programmer. Responsible for maintaining and improving the Functional Verification Test process and associated equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Able to diagnose and repair electronic circuit boards to component level.
· Exhibit proficiency in the use of electronic test and measurement equipment.
· Should have a working knowledge of network hierarchies and configuration techniques.
· Ability to understand and utilize assembly documentation such as but not limited to the following; Schematics, BOM’s, Visuals, Testing tools and procedures.
· Increase production yields by understanding and reducing operator errors and driving manufacturing and test engineering defects back to the appropriate department.
· Assist Test Engineering department in an ongoing data evaluation program for improving the efficiency of the diagnostic technicians.
· Understand, recognize and execute Jabil production requirements, rules, policies and procedures ensuring compliance of WIP and 3-5 rules.
· Utilize TE Tracking forms to document fixture down time and product defects.
· Ensures that all up-rev’s, Deviations and Engineering Changes are implemented and validated.
· Work efficiently to decrease non-preventative maintenance issues to achieve department’s downtime goals.
· Frequent customer interface, including travel to customer sites to advance product understanding and diagnostic capability.
· Analyze daily process yield reports that shall include but not limited to the following: Test escapes, operator errors, defective product, test equipment/test defects, RMA product defects and drive corrective actions.
· Assist Test Engineer in developing preventative maintenance program and assure compliance to reduce downtime and increase process yields throughout the process.
· Proactively look for ways to reduce Test downtime.
· Ensure product testing completeness and reliability.
· Generate and update documentation as required.
· Understands and is able to perform all Function Verification Tests in their area of responsibility.
· Ensure quality (work meets or exceeds Jabil Workmanship Standards) and improve efficiency.
· Responsible for maintaining a continuous flow of the manufacturing line and meeting production goals while performing the assigned test duties.
· Advise supervisor of any recurring test or operator failure so that prompt corrective action may be taken.
· Ensure assemblies are properly handled and marked.
· Ability to work with limited supervision. Must be highly self-motivated and a team performer.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Provide clear direction for Test operators.
· Advise on scheduling and staffing needs.
· Complies with all 5S standards.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.