At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Quality Technician is responsible to oversee Quality Assurance activities for their Value Stream on their assigned shift. This position is responsible to support Quality Inspectors (Visual & Dimensional) in product release activities, using product expertise to make “grey area” decisions regarding product quality. This position conducts Batch History Record (BHR) review on a shift-to-shift basis, assuring that the BHR is ready to be handed off to the next shift, and creates the C of C / C of A and performs the first level of BHR Review to complete the batch if it ends on the assigned shift. This position is also responsible to investigate Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR) and Customer Complaints (CC), providing results to the, Sr. Quality Lead and Quality Engineer as well as completing Incoming Inspections in accordance to approved IIP’s.
Safety, cGMP and Operational Excellence:
▪ Complies with all PPE requirements and coaches and supports all employees’ adherence.
▪ Helps to ensure that documentation practices comply with cGMP requirements – i.e., eliminates sticky notes and other uncontrolled documents in the wing and audits documentation for errors.
▪ Learns to apply and support 5S, Lean, Visual Factory and other OpEx principles as they pertain to Quality Control.
▪ Provides guidance to Quality Control inspectors and coaches them to help them make more effective product quality decisions.
▪ Understands and helps to drive appropriate work priorities for Quality Assurance that accurately reflect product release needs as determined by customer service and production planning.
▪ Instills a culture of continuous improvement and helps ensure an appropriate sense of urgency in all aspects of Quality Control, including the effectiveness & efficiency of Quality Plans.
▪ Keeps Sr. Quality Leads updated on Quality Control issues and status, presenting BHR to the appropriate Sr. Quality Lead for final review and product release when completed.
▪ Provides guidance to Quality Inspectors and creates an environment where input and feedback are encouraged and acted upon as appropriate.
▪ Communicates with Operations and Material Handling personnel to support production priorities including changeovers and start-ups.
Systems and Equipment:
▪ Performs BHR Review during and at the end of the shift and verifies cGMP compliance, accuracy and that objective evidence of product quality have been properly documented, including C of C / C of A completion and the first phase of final BHR Review when a batch ends on the assigned shift.
▪ Investigates NCMR & CC in accordance with associated procedures & work instructions.
▪ Updates Defect Libraries as needed to document product quality decisions and communicate them to Quality Inspectors for consistent future application.
▪ Performs Incoming Inspection in accordance to the Approved Inspection Plans (IIP’s)
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.