At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Working as a member of the Global Business Center (GBC) finance team located in Penang, this position is an extension of the Singapore based GBC finance team responsible for and supporting the company’s strategic initiatives. The key functions of this position are to provide accounting, financial & business-related analysis and reporting support for the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and analyze Business Unit financial reports on a recurring and/or adhoc basis
- Account for business specific transactions such as non-recurring expense (NRE), sales rebate, true-up adjustments, sales return, sales/costs deferral, etc.
- Ensure reconciliation of inter-company transactions are in order
- Prepare journals and review financial statements for month end closing
- Ensure finance related processes, policies and deliverables, are compliant with SOX baseline and controls
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation schedules
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of management reports, including addressing queries from corporate office and external stakeholders (internal and external)
- Provide commentaries for variance analysis and highlight any significant problem areas
- Work closely with Business Units and counterparts from other plant in weekly indicator forecast and quarterly forecasts
- Collaborate with other function teams in routine/ad hoc tasks and projects
- Participate in Finance improvement projects
- Support ad-hoc task and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Manage external and internal audit requirements
- Exposure and basic knowledge of transfer pricing models
- Exposure and basic knowledge of US and China taxation would be an advantage
- Independent and possess the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
- Highly adaptive with the ability to function in a dynamic environment, with involvement of various partners and stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-driven.
- Positive and willing to learn.
- Possesses an analytical mindset. Meticulous and pays attention to details.
- Team player.
- Customer-oriented (internal and external) with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 3 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Excellent computer skills, particularly with MS Excel and Macros are required to be successful in this role. SAP, TM1 and Power BI experience will be added advantage
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels including management level
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.