At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated, and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries and end-markets, such as automotive, consumer lifestyle and wearable tech, defense, and aerospace, connected home and building, industrial and energy, enterprise and infrastructure, healthcare, mobility, packaging, and printing.
Jabil is seeking a Sr. Mgr. Cloud Hardware Technical Support who will directly contribute to the transformative growth within our Cloud and Enterprise Infrastructure division by leading our Jabil Cloud Remote Technical Support team reporting to the Cloud Services Director. The ability to work across cultural boundaries and to collaborate with other teams are key skills required for this role. The position requires managing a 24/7 operation and will require someone who is pro-active and communicates effectively.
The ideal candidate will be a proven team leader and capable professional with a history of collaborating with clients to triage issues, determine solutions, and ensuring an overall excellent customer experience. Must have the ability to manage and drive a team of professionals troubleshooting various severity level data center infrastructure related problems and expertise in implementing solutions to resolve these hardware anomalies.
You will also be responsible for interfacing with customers, 3rd-party contractors, and Jabil product engineering teams, as well as sales, marketing, and CTO, to ensure your deliverables meet the optimal responsiveness expected by our customers. The expectation for this position is to drive excellence in operations, as well as Should possess good presentation and influencing capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide overall Hardware technical support management, including:
- Professional experience working with complex Cloud hardware infrastructure and networking solutions.
- Powerful experience in hardware failure analysis with understanding of Server hardware: Storage, memory, CPU technology, add-in/peripheral, and networking.
- Strong understanding of Server BIOS settings and proper use, boot sequence and key modules and interactions using UEFI/BIOS modes including PXE Boot
- Grasp of core dump analysis. Ability to analyze and decipher System logs.
- Understanding of the major operating systems – Windows, VMWare, Linux. Knowledge of networking setup / config
- Case load assignment, escalations, and requests for assistance for engineering support
- Lead and train Level 1 and 2 Hardware Support Technicians and/or 3rd-Party contractors
- Set up simulated environments to reproduce issues and test potential workarounds
- Log product defects for submittal to Engineering for product upgrade/integration
- Development of Process improvements and policy guidelines
- Write and/or review technical documents (User guides, knowledge articles, Support Plans, Technical Advisory Bulletins/Product Change Notices, etc.) for internal and client consumption
- Participate in cross-functional and team projects, as required and provide regular reporting to management & engineering
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Director of Business Solutions and Services Director.
- Job is not directly responsible for managing other employees at this time (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management), although job does require supervision of 3rd-party contractors.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE or related fields.
- Master's degree preferred. CS, CE, EE, or MBA
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training
- Overall 8+ years of experience in advanced technical positions (technical support, development, solution engineering, solution architect) working with data center compute, storage, and networking infrastructure environments, including previous management and/or supervisory experience.
- Experience with ticketing system and technical support processes for case handling
- Experience in a research and development and/or manufacturing environment and/or laboratory experience a plus
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.