At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Provides leadership, motivation and training to work area by supervising team members and helping them meeting the company's goals in terms of quality, schedule, yield and productivity according to procedure. Coordinates day-to-day activities or work area, from start of flow to finish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs middle-level troubleshooting on the production line
• Is able to maintain and do changeovers on all equipment on assigned line(s)
• Performs ‘as-required’ preventive maintenance of equipment on assigned line(s)
• Provides recommendations to the engineering staff to improve line balancing and optimize machine programs, their set-ups to meet or exceed theoretical product run-rate, and line(s) efficiency
• To assist the Manufacturing Supervisor in managing the line whenever necessary or when instructed and to drive operators in achieving satisfactory level of machine utilization and efficiency with minimum downtime.
• To highlight to Manufacturing Supervisor when there is high fallout.
• Achieve daily standard set by Manufacturing Supervisor.
• Able to identify and develop potential operators in handling the right equipment at the right time and motivate operators for greater throughput, quality and efficiency.
• To guide and assist the operators in the skills required to do their jobs.
• To monitor CIQ system and ensure it is implemented in the production line properly. Ensure work meets or exceeds all standards.
• Actively participation in the manufacturing floor to assure visual standards.
• Identify in real-time, quality issues/defects generated in the manufacturing process and take necessary actions immediately.
• To serve as a communication link between operators and management.
• Or a combination of education, experience and/or training
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manufacturing Supervisor
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Degree or equivalent.
• Experience must include:
• General knowledge of electronic component handling.
• Knowledge of process flows to include flow charts and written processes.
• Reading, writing and math skills.
• Working Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Jabil system.
• Strong interpersonal skills required, with demonstrated ability to build and maintain teamwork.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.