At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Project Manager will lead and support assigned projects, programs and initiatives of low to medium complexity applying project management expertise to support the company and group’s strategy. Manage assigned projects through the various stages of the project lifecycle, from concept to implementation. This includes developing SOW, business proposals, functional requirements, project plan w/milestones, financials, and implementation plan. Provide management and guidance toward successful collaboration with multi-functional groups and direct project team responsible for implementation of Jabil’s strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Define concise goals and objectives within a project framework
· Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution
· Recognize project Key Performance Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
· Conduct project risk reviews and implement appropriate mitigation
· Facilitate communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders, including escalation of issues to the next level of management
· Forecast project budget and staffing requirements
· Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management
· Manage the overall budget of assigned projects
· Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external as deemed relative or necessary to project success
· Understand and exceed customer (internal or external) needs and expectations
· Utilize tools to track scope changes and identify cost impact for review with senior management
· Prepare timely forecasts for projects
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis
· Develop and own project plan, establishing a road map with clear dates and clear deliverables
· Provide regular project updates to project team, relevant departments, stakeholders, project champions and senior leadership as needed
· Clarify and communicate project objectives and success criteria
· Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management as needed
· Responsible for managing cross-divisional / cross-functional / cross-cultural teams
· Build and structure integrated teams to ensure maximum performance; provide direction and motivation
· Mentor and coach project team members. Give and receive both written and verbal feedback
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
· Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel
· Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints
· Define, develop and implement strategies contribute to the overall company and group strategic direction
· Demonstrate high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment
· Demonstrate ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
· Experience with MS Project preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required; engineering or technical background preferred
· Minimum of 2 years experience in project management.
· Previous experience in product development or new product introduction a plus
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.