At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Leads the project management teams on new product introductions/transfers and engineering projects. Supports and leads quoting efforts. Responsible for creating and following the Product Life Cycle process from business opportunity to end of life products, will maintain project review gates with internal and external customers. Develop project cadence, budget and technology roadmap for business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support project quote estimates and Prepare capital justifications and ROI analyze for projects.
· Assign projects to project managers and maintain project roadmap, cadence and workload. Proactively adjusts budgets and resources as appropriate.
· Lead project reviews, resourcing, staffing, progress reporting, people management, and troubleshooting for engineering projects and product transfers.
· Partner with customer on project scope and approve scope changes.
· Manage multiple technical areas through direct reports to ensure project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, safety, reliability, schedule and cost.
· Develop standard process for monitoring project progress and perform gate reviews with CFT’s for the project phases.
· Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management and directors around project status, constraints, and critical issues.
· Enable growth and development of project teams by establishing opportunities for knowledge sharing; training; coaching and mentoring.
· Manage change request process – identification, communication and documentation of a change in scope and project MVP.
· Subject matter expert on project management and new technology implementation.
· Document, follow up and implement lessons learned and participate on adequate distribution and application.
· Drive the value of Engineering to the business by assuring that engineering guidance and processes are well aligned with key business objectives
· Support the execution of capital projects through lifecycle governance processes and methodologies
· Monitor project team services and deliverables (project plans, business requirements, test plans, project risk assessments and status, resource planning, project executive summaries, etc.)
· Support all programs and initiatives related to the Ethics Code, Jabil Value and Sustainability programs.
· Support all company Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality programs and initiatives. Understand and implement the Quality Policy.
· Complete all training requirements according to Training Matrix and Quality Management System, trainings identified in the training needs assessment, and attend all training sessions when participation is required.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project)
· Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
· Proficient with Conflict Management
· Advanced Problem Solving abilities
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Engineering Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of experience.
· At least 3-4 years team leader experience
· Project Management experience PMI formal training and certification preferred
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.