At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description reflects the general duties of the job, but is not a detailed description of all duties that may be inherent to the position. Jabil may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees, consistent with company policies.
Coordinates, maintains and administers the engineering change process, Bills of Material (BOMs), Approved Manufacturers List (AML), and CAD data comparisons for the site workcells. Utilizes Valor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes Customer Documentation and resolves any confusion or conflicting information
- Reviews new BOM and Engineering Change Orders (ECO) for completeness prior to completing an ECN form
- Verifies necessary drawings are included with each ECO and posted on the Jabil web site
- Verifies that revisions of drawings match the revisions on the BOM
- Resolves documentation discrepancies with the customer and the Workcell
- Generates any internal documentation required to internally process customer documentation (e.g. mes boms, cover sheets, summarized changes, BOM compares, etc.)
- Initiates an ECN Form detailing changes & documents impacted by (e.g. adds, deletes, changes)
- Coordinates with Planning/Purchasing to ensure that all effectivity dates, revision status, BOM changes are correct per effectivity forms.
- Communicates changes to team and obtains all required signatures
- Advises the customer of the implementation of ECO’s
- Maintains archives (electronic/paper) of old revisions of customer documentation and end-of-life BOM’s.
- Maintains accurate and up to date ECO/ECN trackers
- Performs mass uploads for brand new assemblies and determines required media
- Maintains AML, enters new data or changes existing data per AML request forms
- Utilizes Valor to:
- Validate PCB design
- Combine and merge customer documentation (CAD, GERBERS, BOM and AML) to reveal potential issues with the manufacturing process for assemblies
- Analyze and correct issues and communicate to the workcell team
- Produce GenCad and golden BOMs for use by Engineering and Programming
- Works safely at all times and complies with Environmental Health and Safety standards and work practices along with all other work rules
Degree in Business Administration or equivalent and/or minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Advanced reading, writing and math skills required (i.e., 12th grade level)
- Advanced PC skills (i.e., keyboarding skills, function key usage, advanced mouse usage, opening, closing, moving, and deleting programs, folders and files using MS Windows), and demonstrated proficiency in applicable Jabil software packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface appropriately with customers
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with frequently changing priorities
- Detail oriented
- Experience with the use of Jabil-specific production areas, documentation, and scheduling practices
- Ability to read and understand technical prints
- Knowledge of both ISO9000 and QS9000 documentation requirements
Prior experience in Configuration Management or as an Engineering Change Administrator
Working knowledge of SAP, MES, JPS, RSI Exchange, BOM Explorer, and Valor software
Understanding of Jabil and customer part numbering scheme and revision levels
May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Required to walk, bend, lift and carry equipment up to 25 lbs
Required vision abilities include close vision and extensive use of a computer monitor screen
Workstation is located in the office area
Noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.