At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Oversee production processes and assists Supervisor in establishing production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards. Also assists in obtaining data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered. Helps to minimize excessive material on production floor.
· Assists in the coordination of production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
· Reviews and discusses production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems with production supervisors.
· Assists in the minimization of scrap and materials request order (MRO) usage. Ensures that each workstation has a clean operating area. Assists in the implementation of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve metrics.
· Monitors all production metrics and completes monthly “report card”. Seeks continued improvement in lowering line and plant defects per million (DPM).
· Ensures that line employees read, understand and adhere to appropriate policies and procedures. Ensures proper stocking and availability of operation supplies and equipment.
· Assists in monitoring the SPC system to fix repetitive and recognize problems immediately. Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
· At least 2 years experience.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.