At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Supply Chain Program Manager I serves as a point of contact for Supply Chain activities for assigned design initiatives. This role, in conjunction with other assigned SCPM's, is responsible for the Supply Chain deliverables identified in the Product Creation Process (PCP). This position includes situational analysis, strategy development, guidance and implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, and logistics. These strategies should support the individual program's needs and be complementary to Jabil's overall Supply Chain Management goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for Supply Chain deliverables identified in the Product Creation Process (PCP)
· Performs situational analysis, strategy development, guidance and implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, and logistics
· Performs Design For Manufacturability (DFM) reviews prior to design release for a variety of custom engineered applications.
· Performs cost estimating on a variety of custom engineered materials (sheet metal, stage/progressive die, machining, plastic injected molded) along with estimating applicable tool costs.
· In collaboration with mechanical design engineers, assists in determining the most cost effective manufacturing process for a variety of custom mechanical applications.
· Assists with on-site supplier evaluations to determine supplier manufacturing capability to support various custom mechanical manufacturing processes.
· Supports coordination of Supply Chain activities for all phases of PCP execution.
· Maintains the periodic materials quotation activities for relative Commodities and assists in executing the RFQ as appropriate for the program.
· Helps identify and facilitate the qualification of new, alternate and/or localized suppliers for key applicable needs relative to program requirements
· Assists with negotiating favorable pricing, payment terms, and advanced supply chain optimization programs such as supplier-owned inventory, Just-in-Time delivery schedules, reduced lead times and cancellation terms, return privileges, and EDI/SIS demand communication with key suppliers falling outside JABIL'S strategic supplier base
· In collaboration with Commodity Management, assists with managing the effort to obtain full commodity and sourcing control of BOM and AVL in the design phase
· Through early design involvement and qualification of alternate suppliers on existing products, promotes the use of Jabil's Strategic Suppliers
· Executes Jabil's Early Supplier Involvement program
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge or experience working with budgets as well as project management skills including scheduling and resource allocation forecasting.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Proficient knowledge of various software applications including Pro-Engineer, Solid Works, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to read and speak English.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.