At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Software Test Engineer I assists in delivering integrated hardware/software solutions to customers including automated production test platforms and embedded designs. The development of Windows and web applications are created to support a wide range of customer/manufacturing requirements. The Software Test Engineer I is a self-motivated engineer who is capable of building and maintaining software applications that support diverse requirements. This role will become part of a highly skilled development organization with a focus on the delivery of high reliability, integrated hardware/software solutions designed to improve Jabil’s internal and external manufacturing processes while enhancing the user experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot software applications (C# and .NET).
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot test scripts.
· Assist in developing and maintaining databases.
· Assist in development, enhancement and support of database applications.
· Assist in data reporting from databases.
· Participate in regular code reviews with Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers.
· Troubleshoot and provide bug fixes for production released software.
· Install, monitor, and manage file and web application servers under the direction of the Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers.
· Assist the Project Manager as well as Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers by providing information that will aid in the software development quoting process.
· Communicate with team members to clarify design requirements and overcome obstacles in order to meet organizational goals.·
· Participate in regular project reviews with the Principal Software Test Engineer, Project Manager and key project stakeholders.
· Follow department processes and procedures.
· Comply with company security and safety policies.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge and demonstrated ability to handle all stages of SDLC.
· Demonstrate a working technical knowledge in database design, administration and development.
· Experience developing Windows applications in C# and .NET technologies.
· Experience using software versioning and revision control systems.
· Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· High level of motivation to learn new software technologies that will enhance job performance.
· Fundamental understanding of server configuration & management.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.