At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Supports acquisition and campus opportunities, partnering with Materials Manager, Manufacturing Operation Manager, HR and other core positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Recruit, interview and hire Operational Development staff.
· Create and manage succession plans for Operational Development function.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement an Operational Development strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the work cell business strategy as it pertains to Operational Development.
· Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Develop succession plans for Managers and keep access open with plans.
· Display expert technical knowledge in field as well as knowledge of function in Jabil e.g. Purchasing, Planning.
· Use and analyze the Due Diligence process to assess the functional capability of campus opportunities, report findings and highlight possible risks.
· Support functional team and conduct gap analysis to identify areas for improvement.
· Recruit, coach and “Jabilize” Functional Manager.
· Work with Functional Manager to recruit and train functional team.
· Work with and support functional team to action plan improvements.
· Provide functional support to campus sites.
· Work with Project Manager to establish a functional start-up plan.
· Work with Operations Manager to recruit, coach and “Jabilize” Functional Manager.
· Work with Functional Manager to fulfill start-up plan.
· Build effective relationships with Functional Managers across the region.
· Lead by example; “walk the talk.”
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management OR equivalent education and training.
· Plus 8-10+ years' experience in a relevant Jabil position OR equivalent external work experience.
· Including at least 6 years' experience in a supervisory or management role within an Operational Development department.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
The pay range for this role is $118,303 - $224,673. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth, and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; paid time off accruing at a rate of 3.07 hours during your first year of employment; 4 weeks of paid parental leave; in 2023, 10 company-paid holidays (8 fixed holidays and 2 optional floating holidays), subject to change yearly; 401(k) retirement plan; and employee stock purchase plan.