Lead FPGA Design Engineer
Req ID: J2345895-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Lead highly complex electrical hardware designs for customer or innovation projects. Responsible for ensuring technical milestones are achieved. Responsible for guiding other engineer team members electrical designs and leads technical design reviews. Ensures specification requirements input and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing products into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leader in developing and validating networking/communications FPGA design applications.
- Partners with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and define the appropriate FPGA/EE architecture.
- Working on FPGA/CPLD logic design, including glue logic and control/data protocol. For example, power sequence, control bus handling and converting (I2C, SPI, MDIO, LPC, IFC, PCIe…), clock & synchronization, data processing, etc.
- Simulate the FPGA to verify performance, integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
- Working closely with relevant engineering discipline during concept, design and verification phase.
- Engage with FPGA suppliers/manufacturers for latest technology for potential application.
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to customers.
- Define design innovations and potential patentable solutions
- Leads resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs
- Mentors/coaches/trains engineers with less experience
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Familiar with FPGA design flow. Utilize standard FPGA design tool chain, experienced with Lattice/Intel/AMD FPGA design, simulation, and verification
- Familiar on Verilog, VHDL, Tcl, Python language which essential for FPGA design and verification
- Experienced with ARM, x86 processor system logic design control and bring up.
- Familiar on Ethernet switch/PON OLT/Optical Transportation Network product hardware design and verification.
- Experience with IP Core integration into FPGAs
- Experience with high-speed communication interfaces and embedded microprocessors within FPGAs is desired
- Well understand electrical circuit IO characterizes, familiar and utilize oscilloscope/logic analyzer for FPGA debug/verification.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Cross-functional and Circuit design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE/PhD or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years experience in FPGA design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
/LP /51 /ZL
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.