At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. We are proud to be a trusted partner for the world's top brands, offering comprehensive engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain solutions. With over 50 years of experience across industries and a vast network of over 100 sites worldwide, Jabil combines global reach with local expertise to deliver both scalable and customized solutions. Our commitment extends beyond business success as we strive to build sustainable processes that minimize environmental impact and foster vibrant and diverse communities around the globe.
Descripción del Trabajo
Working under general direction, performs a variety of difficult assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative to resolve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a skilled specialist, completes tasks using creative and effective approaches. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions:
· Utilizing diagnostic equipment, processes and procedures, troubleshoots non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
· Maintains proficiency with diagnostic software at all levels.
· Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings.
· Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required.
· Performs scheduled preventive maintenance. Documents maintenance as per program designation.
· Monitors work order backlog and proactively keeps management apprised of potential impacts to production.
· Calibrates equipment using general and special purpose test equipment.
· Communicates with equipment suppliers regarding the repair of equipment.
· May make recommendations regarding design and specifications of equipment.
· May make recommendations regarding design enhancement/modifications to production equipment.
· Trains lower level technicians in the maintenance of equipment.
· May provide back-up supervisory duties.
· May be required to work overtime be on-call.
· Complies and follows all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
· Thorough working knowledge and troubleshooting capability with various electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment typically gained through extensive experience.
· Use of basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
· Must be able to troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
· Basic mathematics.
· Understanding of electronic color codes and other component value markings.
· Understanding of safety practices requirements.
· Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
· Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail). Use of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associates degree in electronics with emphasis in servo positioning theory or equivalent discipline.
· Eight (8) to ten (10) years prior work experience in electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required.
· Proven experience in leading a team of technicians
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
experencia en mantenimento preventivo de automatismos y maquinas
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.