Embedded Software Engineer
Req ID: J2353895-SGA
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
We are looking for a skilled software engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with hardware engineers in the development of electronics components and the testing of circuit boards in a manufacturing environment. This includes the ability to flash embedded software onto the board. The candidate should be familiar with failure analysis and root cause analysis methods and have the ability facilitate communication between our customer and Jabil project leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The ability to flash QCC/COP images.
- The ability to run windows terminal commands.
- The ability to run python scripts to do sanity checks.
- Be able to perform failure analysis and root cause analysis (e.g to establish the issue is related to the tester or the device).
- Coordinating and reporting as bridge between the customer and Jabil project leadership.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
- 3-5 years of experience in large organizations developing embedded software.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English (and written communication skills in English.)
- Must be able to travel for work to China in 3-4 month increments as needed by the customer.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.