At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Support the Jabil Design Services Advance Engineering team to define, refine and design the high-level requirements for next generation servers. Create firmware validation strategies and lead a team of Technical Focals in the development of targeted test cases.
This role involves a large amount of communication with both the JDS Development team, located in Taiwan, and a US-based architecture team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive new technology investigations for Next Generation products
- Synthesize requirements from technical documents into actionable work items
- Define use cases and oversee test case creation
- Guide automation and improvement activities
- Document and explain validation strategies
Qualifications and Requirements
- 10+ years of experience in firmware development
- BS or MS degree in CS, CE or a related area of study preferred
- Expertise in BIOS or BMC Development
- Working knowledge of the other firmware discipline
- Knowledge of white-box and black-box validation methodologies
- Experience working with US-based Architecture teams desired
- Broad knowledge of server industry
- Fluency in English required
Industry-wide – knows best practices in him/her domain as is common in the industry (OEMs and ODMs) Capability to deep-dive into relevant design specifications for their domain Experience in overall architecture for products and solutions. Ability to do a roughly NRE estimate. high-level cut of NRE and time needed Capable of working with abstract requirements. And assist with hardening those requirements.
Learn new technology Assess alternate paths available for design and architecture. (Don’t do it this way, do in another way) Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Capability to deep-dive Engage Technology partners on Proof of Concept and technology trend to gain the leading edge advantage to build world-class solution/product. Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into Technology Roadmap
Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options with key stakeholders. Ability to Cooperate with the CTO (Chief Technology Office) and BU (Business Unit) during pre-concept/concept to ensure safe implementation of the new feature. Good leadership skill set that can lead cross-function teams to deliver the best result. Must to have good working spirit and work well in a team and face-paced environment
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidate must have rich experience in product validation
- Experience in OS/Linux (preferred)
- Familiar with test system, test case creation.
- Experienced in managing system server and test plan strategy
- Has understanding in cloud customer
- Able to implement requirements to mass production
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.