At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Join Jabil's new Design Engineering Center!
In November 2022 Jabil officially opened its new Design Center in Wroclaw, Poland extending Jabil’s European Design Center footprint and capabilities in the areas of concept feasibility, development engineering, industrialization engineering, material technology and advanced manufacturing technology.
The 10,000 square foot Design Center will develop leading-edge technologies for multiple industries including the automotive and healthcare sectors with Jabil’s team of engineers designing some of the most innovative and complex products for the world’s leading brands. The Jabil Wroclaw Design Center with its diverse suite of capabilities will help customers innovate and bring products to market quickly and reliably.
About us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkeiEP89SWk
Senior Electronics Engineer analyzes customers designs ranging from basic to high complexity. Develops and communicates technical solutions to other engineers and business personnel, relying on experience and understanding of their field and acting independently except in the most complex cases. Drives cross functional (project) teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently develops alternate proposals of embedded hardware design applications of a complex nature.
- Analyzes and provides optimization proposals on all aspects of electronic circuits with minimal supervision.
- Collaborates with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and architecture and translates them into design update proposals.
- Independently de-assembles products for teardown and reverse engineering purposes.
- Works with and manages external component suppliers/manufacturers
- Communicates complex technical aspects of a project effectively to customers, and incorporates feedback into optimization proposals
- May execute Component Engineering activities such as alternate expansion, cost reduction, etc
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge (with limited complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge with limited complexity projects that have required one of more of Electrical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- Demonstrated use of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of EE design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Location: on-site, Wroclaw, Poland
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.