At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Senior Automation Project Engineer manages all phases of programs from inception through to completion; ensuring programs are completed on time and within budget. The Senior Automation Project Engineer is responsible for the pricing, schedule, and technical performance of automation programs or subsystems of major programs. The Senior Automation Project Engineer manages the NPI phase of new automation line introduction; from URS & quotation, PO & kick-off completely through to PQ/Validation – supporting until handover with the workcell (operations team). This is inclusive of coordination with the customer, equipment vendors, material suppliers and internal departments. This individual also makes final decisions on issues in relation to the automation project and ensures the overall program achievement of objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the design, buy off, installation and validation of automation production lines.
- Process characterization / optimization (DFMEA’s, PFMEA’s, DOE’s etc.).
- Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
- Support production line ramp to achieve mature production targets.
- Drive improvements in manufacturing metrics including OEE, scrap, cost, productivity and utilisation.
- Apply and support lean manufacturing principles.
- Adhere to all quality system requirements.
- Coach maintenance and other technical team members on problem solving and improvement projects.
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Manage assigned project budgets, liaise with customers and contractors as required.
- Travel as required to support equipment buy-offs and/or training at vendor/customer sites.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from various departments. Reviews status reports prepared by project team, modifies schedules or plans as required and escalates issues to management as required. Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks and operations.
- Assists with program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Determine customer requirements and negotiate price with vendors for tools, equipment and services.
- Provides engineering support to sales for presentations to help sell manufacturing capabilities.
- May establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Establish milestones and monitors adherence to plans and schedules.
- Identifies program problems and develops solutions, such as allocation of resources, schedule changes or changing contractual specifications.
- Coordinates assembly development and related technical supply chain requirements by holding design reviews and weekly project status meetings.
- Act as main communication interface providing timely and accurate information and status updates between company, customers and automation vendors for new programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar discipline.
- 5-8+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with high volume automated assembly experience.
- Medical device manufacturing desirable.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Customer focused, motivated, enthusiastic, self-directed and results driven leader.
- Knowledge of lean continuous improvement techniques including statistics & DOE.
- Demonstrated experience of leading cross functional teams to achieve execute from URS to PQ complete and production ramp for fully automated assembly systems for complex products.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of GAMP5.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.