At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently develops acoustic sub-system with selected acoustic components
- Selects/Validates acoustic components according to customer and product design requirement.
- Collaborate with product design to review and improve mechanical design and evaluate the impact on acoustic performance.
- Collaborate with system architects to review and clarify acoustic/audio design requirements and architecture and translates them into design specifications.
- Independently assembles prototypes and validates proper functionality
- Works with and manages external suppliers/manufacturers of acoustic component
- Initiates and executes acoustic validation test plan in acoustic lab
- Collaborates with firmware design to tune audio parameter to fulfill acoustic/audio standard and regulation.
- Initiates acoustic/audio production line specification according to acoustic test result in acoustic lab
- Initiates acoustic in-line test plan and proposal to customers
- Works with and manages external acoustic test station suppliers/manufacturers to setup acoustic/audio test station
- Executes acoustic failure analysis to judge root cause and provides corrective solution to related design engineers.
- Communicates complex technical aspects of a project effectively to customers, and collects incorporates feedback into design specifications.
- Identifies design innovations and potential patentable solutions.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge (with limited complexity) on acoustic component specification and acoustic product related standard and regulation.
- Broad knowledge with limited complexity projects that have required one of more of Acoustic Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Acoustics Theory, Electro-Acoustics Theory, Transducer Theory, Acoustic Product Design, etc.
- Demonstrated use of key development/measurement tools and design standards: DFMEA, Engineering Statistics, 3D CAD Software (ProE/Solidworks, or UG), measurement tools (AP, SoundCheck, Klippel, B&K Pulse), simulation tools (Lumped module, P-spice, COMSOL), etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of acoustic design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 5-6 years of related experience and/or training
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer II
- Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.