At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Director Warehouse Automation is responsible for developing , implementing and managing the organization’s global automation strategies and programs. Responsibilities also include leveraging the existing capabilities and strengths across a broad range of industries, as well as directing and developing a global team of automation professionals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and implement the global Warehouse automation organization vision and strategy.
· Unleash pockets of exceptional capabilities across a broad range of industries.
· Develop cost effective and accelerated initiatives to meet material storage and material movement all through the manufacturing process.
· Position Jabil to capitalize on industry & customer product disruption.
· Drive technical automation teams in the development of innovative automation equipment and solution design(s)
· Optimize automation equipment, improve production efficiency.
· Reform the existing automation technology.
· Introduce the new technology-based automated manufacturing
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Extensive technical acumen in the field of warehouse automation including automation design and implementation.
· Strong presentation, communication, and teamwork skills.
· Excellent leadership skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to lead team efforts in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
· Interacts with and influences senior-level decision-makers.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills is a given.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering; advanced technical degree highly desired.
· Minimum of 12 years experience in automation engineering
· Demonstrated track record leading multiple successful automation implementations.
· Direct customer (internal and/or external) interface experience
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.