At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Are you a manufacturing professional with experience in injection molding? We currently have an opening at our Hanover Park, IL location.
Will provides leadership in the technical support to the manufacturing organization to ensure adherence to assembly procedures, on-going quality and efficiency, success of new product introductions and prototype production.
- Competitive compensation range
- 5K Sign-On Bonus. DOE
- Competitive Benefits including Site Profit Sharing!
- Open to Candidates who are relocating.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in carrying out remediation, optimization, maintenance & overhaul projects on existing tool portfolio (prototype single cavity & production multi-cavity tools).
· Applies systematic root cause problem solving involving all stakeholders (including key support department team members & tooling / equipment vendors) to meet customer delivery & product quality objectives in the most cost effective manner.
· Leads the use of lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability on tools
· Works with development services and related areas to support the introduction of new tools to site for new products to ensure high levels of process reliability post PQ.
· Leads overall resolution on post PQ issues, collaborating with development service, related areas, and vendor/supplier stakeholder to meet customer productivity, quality, and where issues arise post PQ, lead overall resolution collaborating with DDS (Development Device Support), new program & Vendor/Supplier stakeholders to meet customer productivity, quality & schedule objectives
· Supports the DDS & New program personnel by providing maintenance design input at design reviews & tooling specification documents
· Ensures all engineering changes are managed through the relevant cGMP procedures including documentation, equipment manuals, QCBD records & CAD drawing controls
· Supervises high performing flexible tooling team to achieve excellent results.
· Provides direction to tooling personnel as appropriate reviewing tool downtime & preventative maintenance data , tool running status, escalations & corrective action to ensure targets are achieved
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Recognized tooling apprenticeship or equivalent qualification desirable
· Strong tooling & product design skills with a working knowledge of 2D/3D CAD ProE desirable
· Excellent organizational , systematic root cause problem solving and communication skills
· Motivated , enthusiastic , self-directed & results driven
· Ability to project manage across functional teams involving tooling vendors & suppliers
· Knowledge of Lean continuous improvement techniques including statistics & DOE
· Knowledge of polymer materials & injection molding processing
· High level of cGMP in ISO13485 environment, safe working practices and awareness.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project & Asset management systems
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Engineering or related disciplines preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of tooling maintenance in injection molding environment strongly preferred
· Supervisory/Lead experience in tool shop desired
· Level 7 or 8 HETAC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification preferred
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
BENEFITS WITH JABIL
Along with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision Insurance with HRA and HSA options
- 401K match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Annual Merit Increases
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sponsorship is available.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.