At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Manually inspects completed plastics parts and packs them into boxes for shipping. Seals boxes, prints labels and stacks full boxes on pallets. May operate machines. May train Inspector/Packer I’s. Operates in a safe manner and keeps work area clean and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· In process inspection: Inspection consists of frequent examination of the visual attributes of each product (discoloration, shorts, burns, contamination sinks, splay, delamination, etc.
· Records data: Any information regarding the product or the performance of his or her duties that is deemed necessary by management.
· Packing: Preparation includes transferring the product from catch bins or boxes into shipping containers, transporting the product to the shipping area, properly weighing, properly completing and affixing correct label to container using SAP, preparing and supplying new or used boxes to the molding presses and stacking finished product correctly on pallets
· Maintains work area: Keep production and packing area clean. This includes sweeping floors, picking up stray molded parts, removing dust, dirt, grease or oil from molding presses, and cleaning up oil or water spills and leaks.
· Sorts and Reworks: Sorting and/or reworking product that does not conform to the customer requirements. Properly documents and labels to identify the status of non-conforming product. Sampling and gaging of reject product may also be required.
· Fosters teamwork within the company: Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments.
· Completes all required training as assigned
· Conducts all job functions in a safe manner
· Complies with all applicable state and federal safety and environmental regulations. Uses appropriate safety equipment as required.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Math skills must be average or better
· Ability to spend long hours walking and standing
· Good color perception and good manual dexterity
· Ability to safely lift up to 35 lbs
· Ability to work well with others at all levels
· Able to work in an orderly, logical manner while paying attention to each detail of responsibility
· Communicate verbally and in writing with a good command of the English language
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), SAP and e-mail skills preferred
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.