At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The role of Senior/Lead Test Development Engineer is to support Manufacturing Test System Development activities/ projects and system deployment to JGP factories located in the various of the world.
The role involves working closely with Core Test Development team located in Singapore and deploying solution to various Jabil factories located worldwide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the design and development of test solution in terms of hardware design and software coding for manufacturing test.
- Understand customer test specification and test requirement.
- Read and understand product design schematics and circuit diagram and identify/proposed measurement point and test point.
- Identify and select suitable test equipment for product electrical measurement.
- Ability to design electronic circuit and source for electronics components for use to interface with product during testing.
- Perform system integration, debug and conduct system repeatability study and optimization.
- Brainstorm and provide ideas, suggestions and solution to the various approach of testing a product.
2. Responsible for project deployment into production and support activities.
- Ability to setup and debug test system timely for pilot builds.
- Ability to support factory pilot build, identify issues lists and track to closure.
- Assist factory in identifying and rectifying test system related technical issues during mass productions.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues efficiently.
- Ability to manage risk and escalate to management team if necessary.
3. Interacting with teams
- Able to work effectively within different cross-functional teams within the company.
- Able to communicate and co-work with customers and internal team on test requirement and test system design.
- Attend weekly project conference call with customer and cross-functional team from factory.
- Provide timely update on factory manufacturing test activities and project status.
4. Traveling and onsite support
- Able to travel both in Asia and USA during project pilot build and adhoc issue resolution.
- Bachelor Degree/Msc in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-8 years of working experience on test engineering, test development, or equivalent working experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Test and measurement instrumentation exposure and experience in software development for remote equipment control is required.
- Possess some software coding experience. C#, C++, python, linux and script programming skill.
- Good technical and analytical skill with ability to perform electronic system debug effectively
- Experience in consumer product audio and optical modules testing will be an advantage.
- Experience in mobile phone manufacturing test development, RF and wireless test, will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in micro-Controller programming, Android, iOS programming will be an advantage.
- knowledge in RF Antenna test will be an advantage
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE SKILLS -- Oral & Written
- Converse, read and write fluently in English, Mandarin as the role required to communicate and liaise with China counterpart / supplier.
- Ability to communicate clearly to cross-functional team within Jabil or external customer/vendors.
- Response professionally/technically to common inquiries from customers.
- Effectively present information to internal teams and management and is a good team player.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.