At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Work within the materials rotation program (Materials, Planning and Purchasing departments) spending 6-12 months in each role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Inventory Analyst (6-12mos)
· Responsible for monitoring all material transactions for assigned area(s).
· Responsible for identifying, resolving, and finding the root cause of discrepancies and other related inventory errors.
· Recommend changes that will eliminate or greatly reduce future inaccuracies from reoccurring.
· Be flexible enough to work overtime, assist in material handling functions, and fill in for other Inventory Control personnel as required and as specified by the Inventory Control Manager.
· Responsible for eliminating any manufacturing downtime associated with assigned area (where applicable).
· Perform regular component cycle counts as required.
· Perform inventory transactions and reporting on customer systems when required.
· Assist in the development and implementation of any materials management systems that will enhance inventory control at Jabil Circuit.
· Be able to interface with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the plant operations.
Planner/Buyer I (6-12mos)
· Participate in decision making of MPS loading through proper materials sizing.
· Analyze, maintain, and execute Materials Requirement Plan (MRP). Continuously monitor and verify materials pipeline to ensure it meets the MRP requirements. Identify and appropriately address materials supply issues.
· Ensure materials availability to support production per the Master Production Schedule through MRP execution, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement through receiving to production.
· Proactively eliminate materials liabilities for Jabil by clearly understanding the ownership (supplier / customer). Track and provide supporting data to BUM in order to clearly define customer liable materials. Execute and maximize Jabil negotiated terms with suppliers to reduce materials liability.
· Issue Purchase Orders to pricing, terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity Managers and Buyers. Ensure suppliers’ adherence to established agreements.
· Optimize order management process to ensure effective communication with suppliers.
· Maintain integrity of master data and purchasing planning parameters in order to minimize material liability and to balance the cost of procurement with inventory investment levels.
· Monitor and continuously improve supplier’s delivery and quality performance. Address and resolve recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools and additional resources.
· Support Accounts Payable in resolving invoice discrepancies.
· Provide inputs to drive and execute Jabil’s commodity and pricing strategy. Work closely with Buyers, Commodity Managers, & SCM. Provide feedback on supplier performance and Jabil’s strategies.
· Minimize materials freight expenses for Jabil.
· Monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance on delivery, quality, and service.
Production Planner (6-12mos)
· Schedule production activity in synch with MPS.
· Run planned orders in two-week buckets to detail what boards are to be built.
· Ensure Prep-Parts can and is keeping up with the build schedule.
· Focus on minimizing changeovers and production schedule changes while maintaining the integrity of the production board revision.
· Run clean-to-starts, on-time production shipments, EPS maintenance, purge, ECN, and deviation management, maintaining of a handbook.
· Meet daily with the Master Planner and manufacturing to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary, based on production results), optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers, to achieve 100% on time delivery.
· At a minimum, run weekly clean-to-starts to determine any existing material shortages that need to be expedited. Follow up with appropriate Purchasing personnel to ensure commitments are achieved.
· Work with Manufacturing Line Manager(s), Purchasing, and Inventory Control to recommend long term resolutions to shortages due to lack of material control on the production floor.
· At a minimum, conduct readiness meetings on New Products as well as revision changes five days prior to the build.
· Ensure that shipments made are routed to the correct destination, as well as the creation and maintenance of Sales Orders if that duty is placed on the Planner.
· Maintain Jabil packout module, EPS, or equivalent packout system.
· Manage the Deviation/ECN/Purge processes.
· Understand all product production flow.
· Maintain handbook on position by workcell.
· Continuous coordination and follow up with the workcell team.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Recent college graduate/Bachelors degree required. Coursework in Supply Chain or Logistics preferred. A certification by related professional organizations (such as APICS and NAPM) is preferred.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.