At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Job Descriptions for Photonics Test Engineer (Database & Software)
We require an accomplished Test Engineer (Database & Software) to join our team. The Photonics Test Engineer (Database & Software) will be working closely with the test and manufacturing engineering teams to develop and improve the database and applications used to produce the products.
1. Assume the responsibilities of database and web application expert for the photonics production that has been assigned.
2. Construct a MongoDB /SQL DB replication and sharding system and configure it.
3. Implement appropriate indexes for performance improvement.
4. To achieve the best possible performance, perform fine-tuning configurations on both MongoDB / SQL DB and the servers.
5. Ensure you have an effective backup and recovery plan.
6. Gain an understanding of and optimize the performance of queries.
7. Create and publish database health checks to monitoring systems in order to identify slow queries, replication lags, node failures, index usage patterns, CPU usage, memory usage, locks, the number of connections, and any other parameters that may be relevant.
8. Conduct an audit, make plans, and upgrade the MongoDB / SQL DB database.
9. Maintenance during release or outage etc.
10. Encourage the use of the most effective procedures for data backups, replication, and health checks.
11. Conceive of and put into action plans for disaster recovery, as well as solutions and recommendations for high availability.
12. Collaborate closely with the engineering team to gain an understanding of the changes that will be introduced in a build, patch, or hotfix; conduct an impact analysis; and, if necessary, fine-tune any queries.
13. Perform routine actions on the database using automation.
14. Develop web applications and interface with applications / software to the Mongo DB / SQL DB to perform data queries.
15. Perform web application development using various type of open-source framework.
16. Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
17. Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
18. May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering or Information Technology.
• At least 2-5 years’ hands-on experience as database administrator of MongoDB and SQL DB in production environments.
• Strong scripting experience in Unix/Shell Scripting and Python.
• Understanding of enterprise application technology architecture, components, databases, networking, and infrastructure as code.
• Ability to work independently and as a team on multiple tasks and commitment to deadlines
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Experience with process documentation and quality control methodologies.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.