At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Job Description - Assistant Production Supervisor: Based on site in Florence, KY
Now hiring all shifts and offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus!
Do you have experience working on the Production Floor? Jabil is rapidly expanding has a need for multiple Assistant Production Supervisors for all shifts to work on-site in Florence, KY. The Assistant Production Supervisor will oversee all production processes and assists the Supervisor in establishing production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Monitor materials and carts in unmarked locations. If any item is unidentified on the shop floor, ensure taping/labeling is completed in a timely manner. If you are unsure how to address a unique scenario your expected to escalate and drive the issue to closure.
- Physically watch an operator perform their job function. Compare what you see to the visual aid. If there’s a discrepancy, investigate why?
- Hold leadership IL/DL team accountable to the documented process.
- Escalate any/all issues you’re unsure how to handle.
- Adherence to Company Policies: You must familiarize yourself with and strictly adhere to all company policies and procedures, particularly those related to employee privacy, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Improve Leadership and Communication: As a supervisor, you must exercise leadership with tact, empathy, and respect. Foster an inclusive and supportive work environment by promoting open and honest communication among your team members.
- Ensure when new documentation is released in JDOC we turn in training sign off sheets within 24 hours.
- Assists in the coordination of production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and discusses production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems with production supervisors.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- At least 2 years’ experience working on the Production Floor.
- At least 1 year of Leadership experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry is a plus.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
BENEFITS PACKAGE WITH JABIL
Along with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision Insurance with HRA and HSA options
- 401K Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Annual Merit Increases
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.