At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
- The Automation Engineer monitors the quality and efficiency performance of assigned product lines and provides support in driving continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
- Process Characterisation / Optimisation (DFMEA’s, PFMEA’s DOE’s etc.).
- Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
- Support production line ramp to achieve mature production targets.
- Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing additive manufacturing processes.
- Monitors the additive manufacturing process; troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Is the technical expert on various projects/productions jobs and process as required.
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Manage assigned project budgets; liaise with Customers, contractors as required.
- Support technical training.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organisation, communication, computer and presentation skills.
- Systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
- Lean Six Sigma skills an advantage.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Good data analysis skills.k
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project.
- CAD experience desirable.
Job Specifications : The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- Honours Degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar discipline.
- 3-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (high volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device manufacturing experience).
- Travel as necessary to support equipment buy-offs and training at vendor / customer sites.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.