At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Global Component Engineer’s function is identifying, sourcing and implementing new/alternate components or circuits that are of equal of greater performance without compromising quality at a total cost savings taking into account the strategic alignment and goals of the Process Creation Plan functions in the various Jabil sites where the business unit manufactures product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Act as the focal person for all quality and functional issues that stem from components being purchased for prototype builds, NPI/NCI builds, or manufacturing.
· Assist in the definition, verification and implementation of new parts within the Component Information System environment.
· Assist and suggest alternative circuit designs to the Project Engineers that may improve component sourcing or resolve potential manufacturing issues.
· Interface with customer personnel as required to identify and resolve component issues.
· Drive supplier selection strategies that will yield a supply base that can be used across all JTS design projects providing leverage for cost savings.
· Perform tasks as assigned by the SCPM and or Senior Manager, SCM JTS.
· Understand all areas related to component sourcing, crossing, preferred Jabil vendor base status, and industry trends.
· Maintain professional demeanor with customers, vendors, and internal personnel.
· Operate with a high level of efficiency, integrity, and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.