At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
As a Senior Engineer you will develop an expertise in imaging science, computer vision, and artificial intelligence for our Robotics division. You will be a part of cutting edge lead design teams through full product development and into production. You will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in particular areas that matches or exceeds the expertise of our customers. You will consult on system architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the development of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms in the field of object recognition
- Apply the use of AI/ML to object recognition
- Develop Tools for implementing and using AI/ML designs
- Ability to analyze algorithms for performance trade-offs
- Will represent Jabil Design Engineering in technical customer discussions / meetings
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective
- Raise perception of Jabil’s acumen in the industry by authoring or presenting papers, articles, etc.
- Perform independent research and engineering studies
- Effectively consult on multiple projects in parallel
- Translate existing imaging algorithms to AI/ML platforms
- Familiar with robotics or mobile imaging acquisition platforms
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited four-year college or university.
- A minimum of 3-7 years of related experience and/or training is preferred
- Familiar with code development frameworks
- Familiar using Linux in a real-time environment
- Familiar with C++ and Python
- An equivalent combination of education, training or experience will be considered
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.