Descripción del Trabajo
The Lead NPI & Project Leader is responsible for leading a team of 4 project leaders in NPI, industrialization, product lifecycle management and process improvement.
Provide management and guidance to project leaders and teams.
Manage and enhance customer relationships.
Provide full accountability for project schedules, project management and performance requirements for enterprise level projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Appropriately allocates projects to project leaders
- Works with Design Team and Customer to meet build requirements
- Works with Engineering teams to layout and commission the manufacturing work area and materials storage to meet requirements
- Works with team to define and solution traceability requirements and configuration management
- Works with production transfer Engineer/s to learn and prepare for DVT/PVT builds by documenting change requirements and future actions to aid in the transfer
- Supports trouble-shooting activities and data/knowledge collection/ management activities with Test
- Ensures that Visual Aids are complete and adhered to. Updates for improvements are made based on manufacturing flow, inspection requirements and yield results
- Support the assessment of resource loading and task assignment to accomplish the job to schedule
- Contribute to the cost management effort by supporting forecast review and visibility to changes in budget
- Use the RACI to help drive accountability
- Support the transfer of manufacturing to the production site through and extended launch schedule to ensure sustainability
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to peers (Engineering Services Staff) on cost and cost trends.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Work concurrently with Jabil CAD Services, Design Engineering, Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing, and Quality departments through the design phase of a program.
- Work to provide a design that not only meets the customer’s criteria, but is also of high quality, cost effective, and manufacturability.
- Provide Business Unit Management / Business Development/PM’s/Functional Mgt. with timely and accurate VAVE quotations to aid in the quoting process.
- Oversee the defining of procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Provide support to the Engineering Services Department through participation in the continuous improvement effort and promotion of a “Quality First” attitude.
- Present capabilities and results to both internal and external customers.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Job is directly responsible for managing Operations Project Manager II / III
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management capabilities
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification desirable
- Knowledge of organization’s operating policies and procedures required
- Knowledge of organization’s culture and guiding principles
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment: Engineering, Test, Quality, Planning, Materials, etc
- Prior experience in customer interface
- Strong operational and financial knowledge required
- Substantial knowledge of Jabil and demonstrated ability to leverage organization
- Consultative skills (ability to understand true customer needs
- Good communications skills
- Distinctive problem solving leader
- Should have the following personal characteristics: strong leader, professional, hard-charging, detail-oriented, reliable, calm under fire, creative, with a can-do attitude
- Automotive/ Medical background experience as required
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required (Supply Chain Management or Engineering)
- PMP certified professional is desirable
- Minimum 2 years work-related experience required in a supervisory/management role and
- Minimum 2 years project management experience or related discipline
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience