Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil Elmira’s diverse capabilities help our customers succeed in the complex, evolving healthcare marketplace. Located in Horseheads, NY in the industrial heart of central New York state, Jabil Elmira produces a broad portfolio of orthopedic products instruments and implants for internal and external fixation to surgically treat fractures, deformities and tumor diseases of long bones, shoulder, hand, pelvis, hip, condyles and foot. Additionally, Elmira manufactures veterinary plates and patient-specific implants (Jaw plates), which are shipped directly to hospitals
To assist the Quality Assurance function as technical support in issues affecting manufacturing. To support and drive corrective action efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Areas of responsibility may include: non-conforming product, CAPA, calibration systems, supplier auditing, sterility assurance, and improving measuring techniques, design of gages, training, statistical support, quality planning, experimental protocols, and facilitation of root cause analysis, risk assessment and complaint investigation.
- Work on continuous improvement activities. These may include participating in, and/or leading Quality Improvement Teams.
- Provide quality reports and review trending on assigned areas of responsibility.
- Conduct failure investigations and problem analysis regarding customer complaints, stock evaluations, supplier quality issues, calibration out of tolerance conditions, and CAPAs (internal or audit CAPAs).
- Review and approve documents and drawings for manufacturing and product development (DCOs, MCs).
- Ensure capability studies are performed on critical processes.
- Perform first article inspection and review visual aids.
- Perform defect analysis reporting.
- Perform MRB on sustained products.
- Participate in CAC meetings – support continuous improvement.
- Perform line and product audits.
- Assist Quality Engineering in APQP.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Bachelor's degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.